Personal identification information
I may collect personal identification information from Readers and/or Subscribers in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Readers and/or Subscribers visit my site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, send me emails, enter competitions or giveaways, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources I make available on my Site. Readers and/or Subscribers may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address and, if a Reader or Subscriber wins a competition or giveaway, their mailing address. Readers and/or Subscribers may, however, visit my Site anonymously. I do not harvest information. I do not collect or store information or personal details unless they are freely given.
I will collect personal identification information from Readers and/or Subscribers only if they voluntarily submit such information to me. Readers and/or Subscribers can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
I may collect non-personal identification information about Readers and/or Subscribers whenever they interact with my Site. Non-personal identification information may include technical information about Readers and/or Subscribers means of connection to my Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. Such information is for statistical purposes only and gives no personal identification information of the Reader and/or Subscribers.
Web browser cookies
My Site does not use "cookies" to enhance Reader and/or Subscriber experience.
How I collect and use information
Emily Harvale collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- To send newsletters
A Readers and/or Subscribers name and email address is collected when a Reader and/or Subscriber subscribes to Emily Harvale’s Newsletter and Readers’ Club. This information is stored securely by my newsletter providers. (Mailchimp and MailerLite) A Reader and/or Subscriber may unsubscribe at any time and each newsletter contains an unsubscribe option. Newsletters may contain any or all of the following:
- information and updates about me and my books,
- personal information and or news about me,
- my work in progress,
- offers, competitions and giveaways,
- links to retailers,
- images of book covers,
- photographs taken by me,
- any other information, news, event, offer, link, I believe is relevant to me and my books
- To reply to emails sent to me by a Reader and/or Subscriber via my Site contact page. These emails are deleted once I have replied but the Readers and/or Subscribers email address will be stored automatically in my computer email address book. The Readers and/or Subscribers email address will be deleted immediately, or as soon as practicably possible if a request is made for me to do so.
- When a Reader and/or Subscriber enters a competition or giveaway on my Site or in my Newsletter or via Social Media and sends an email entry. These emails are held securely until the winner is selected, after which time, all emails are immediately deleted. I use the winner’s email address to notify them and then again to respond to all and any communication in relation thereto.
- I obtain names and postal addresses, freely supplied by email by Readers and/or Subscribers who enter my competitions and/or giveaways. Such names and addresses are held securely on my computer and are deleted as soon as the prize/giveaway is sent.
- I continually strive to improve my website based on the information and feedback I receive from Readers and/or Subscribers and may, from time to time, ask questions. All and any responses are read and stored securely on my computer and deleted as soon as they are acted upon.
- The email address a Reader and/or Subscriber provides will only be used for the purpose for which it was supplied, namely to send them newsletters, information, competitions and updates pertaining to Emily Harvale, my news, books, offers and competitions. Or to respond to enquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If a Reader and/or Subscribers decides to opt-in to my mailing list, they will receive monthly, and/or on occasion more frequent, emails that may include news, updates, competitions, offers, related product or service information, etc. as previously specified. If at any time the Reader and/or Subscribers would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, I include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the Reader and/or Subscribers may contact me via my Site.
How I protect your information
I adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, reader and/or Subscriber name, transaction information and data stored on my Site. No sensitive data is stored on my Site.
Sharing your personal information
Your individual rights and right of access to information
I will uphold Readers and/or Subscribers rights and comply with them in accordance with the law. I will deal with a right of access request as speedily as possible and without undue delay.
Data protection and/or data breach
Any and all data held or stored is held or stored securely. In an event of a data breach, I will notify the Reader and/or Subscriber as soon as I become aware of such breach and take all steps necessary to secure said breach.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, and/or by subscribing to my newsletter, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.